Janet's working experience includes over 35 Years in Healthcare & Well BeingPrevious Voluntary Work & Experience:
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Offering 1 - 1 Counselling to children and adults within their own home, working with issues around grief and loss. Later Supervision training leading to supervision of other volunteers.
- Checkpoint (Children's Society) Working in outreach destinations such as GP surgeries and Brixham Youth Enquiry offering 1 - 1 counselling to young adults with varying issues from bullying, abuse, alcohol & drug use to relationships.
- South Devon Women's Aid offering 1 - 1 counselling to women with varying issues around loss, bullying and domestic violence.
- Checkpoint group work "Esteem" with young adults exploring and building confidence and self-esteem.
- Children and Families in Grief - Working with families that have experienced a significant loss.
- BTEC D32 33 Assessors Award
- NEBS Management Certificate
- Cruse Bereavement Care Bereavement Counselling Skills
- Cruse Bereavement Care Working with Bereaved Children and Young People 2003
- Advanced Diploma (Level 4) Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Cruse Bereavement Care Accreditation
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy
- Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector
- Level 6 Diploma in Body Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Counselling Supervision
As you can see from the above logo I am an Accredited member and I am also an approved Supervisor with the National Counselling Society.
I hold a current DBS Certificate and I continue to expand, open and raise my own awareness via organisational CDP (continued professional development) and also follow direct experience and self enquiry, from teachers & speakers such as: Zahir Khan
I take Client work very seriously and continually look to see how I might improve my services, if you have an any questions or suggestions then please do get in touch.