Janet's working experience includes over 35 Years in Healthcare & Well BeingPrevious Voluntary Work & Experience:
- Cruse Bereavement Care - Offering 1 - 1 Counselling to children and adults within their own home, working with issues around grief and loss. Later Supervision training leading to supervision of other volunteers.
- Checkpoint (Children's Society) Working in outreach destinations such as GP surgeries and Brixham Youth Enquiry offering 1 - 1 counselling to young adults with varying issues from bullying, abuse, alcohol & drug use to relationships.
- South Devon Women's Aid offering 1 - 1 counselling to women with varying issues around loss, bullying and domestic violence.
- Checkpoint group work "Esteem" with young adults exploring and building confidence and self-esteem.
- Children and Families in Grief - Working with families that have experienced a significant loss.
- BTEC D32 33 Assessors Award 1996
- NEBS Management Certificate 2000
- Cruse Bereavement Care Bereavement Counselling Skills 2000
- Cruse Bereavement Care Working with Bereaved Children and Young People 2003 (6-day training)
- Advanced Diploma (Level 4) Therapeutic Counselling 2005
- Certificate Cognitive Behaviour Therapy 2008
- Cruse Bereavement Care Accreditation 2008
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy 2008
- Level 3 Award in Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector 2009
- Level 6 Diploma in Body Psychotherapy 2010
- Diploma in Counselling Supervision 2011
As you can see from the above logo I am an Accredited member and
I am also an approved Supervisor with the National Counselling Society
I continue to expand, open and raise my own awareness via the necessary
organisational CDP (continued professional development) requirements and
also more recently have been following direct experience and self enquiry,
from teachers & speakers such as:
Carl Jung - Rumi - Zahir Khan - Eckhart Tolle - Byron Katie to name a few
I attend monthly private Supervision, with someone more qualified and experienced than myself.
This ensures that my own practice work continues to be completely transparent,
professional and fully effective.
I take Client work very seriously and continually look to see how I might improve my services,
if you have an any questions or suggestions then please do get in touch.